I've searched what seems like a million Google page searches for stamp storage and the endless pins on Pinterest and finally found a system that works for me.
Started by collecting all my stamps, ALL of them! Clear cling stamps, rubber un-mounted stamps, rubber mounted stamps & sorted them by themes (everyone might have diff themes of course). Now I will say this if a stamp set had butterflies and then sentiments like Thank You or Congrats I DID seprate them into the diff themed areas BUT say I had a stamp with candy images and then a You're so Sweet sentiment I left together. To each their own do what your brain says makes sense!
Here are my themes:
- ALPHABETS/NUMBERS (journaling too)
- BEACH (shells, anything water related)
- FLORAL/BUTTERFLIES (flowers, bugs etc)
- SENTIMENTS (thank yous, congrats, get well etc)
- BIRTHDAY (cupcakes, cake, presents, birthday sentiments)
- OBJECTS (kind of misc items like stamps of chairs, houses etc)
Then decided what to store them on and there are many options but I went with the EZ Mount Stamp Storage Panels which are then stored inside the Case-it 2-Inch Ring Zipper Binders I found on Amazon.
As I was mounting the stamps on the panels I then stamped an image onto a piece of card stock to keep track of what belonged where in the binders. This also kept the panels of stamps from sticking to each other. Make sure the ink is dry before placing them in the binders (just a suggestion).
As for the unmounted rubber stamps they stick very well with just a piece of double stick tape so I can still keep all the stamps in their themed areas.
I've had questions of how I use the unmounted rubber stamps and I use Tack N Peel on a couple of my acrylic blocks and it's working out perfect. It's a sticky membrane that you permanently attach to a block and ANYTHING sticks to it and as it gets dirty you simple wash it with water and it's sticky again. Seriously go to www.youtube.com and search Tack N Peel!
I then had the issue of those really kewl foam alphabet stamps that wouldn't attach the mounting panels so they are in baseball card sleeves with a stamped image. This just worked out so much better and they are in the same binder with the panels of other alphabet letters.