Saturday, January 19, 2013

{Pinterest} Fresh Fruit Sugar Cookie Cups

I want to start off with my inspiration found online by a friend that requested these for her Baby Shower...and well I love a challenge.


INSPIRATION SITE: http://www.daydreamkitchen.com/2012/09/fruit-pizza/



INGREDIENTS:
Sugar Cookie Dough
8oz Cream Cheese Block
Cool Whip Larger Container
Fresh Fruit
 
COOKIE CUPS



First off I used the pre-made sugar cookie dough in the tube. Using my Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan coated with Non-Stick Cooking Spray, added a small amount of dough to each space and using the Mini-Tart Shaper gently made mini cups. Baked them for approx 7-8 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Remove the pan from the oven and let them completely cool before trying to remove them...this was the hardest part and I just used the back of a Quikut Paring Knife to loosen them from the pan.

FILLING


The filling was simply an 8oz package of cream cheese at room temp and a large container of Cool Whip. Whipped on high in my mixer until it was super smooth and no lumps! I had leftover filling so either save it for another dessert or just get extra sugar cookie dough and made more. To fill the cups I used my much used Easy Accent® Decorator using one of the larger opening tips, *tip* to fill the barrel I use a Small Spreader and shake the filling down into the barrel. Filled each cup with enough to come about the rim of the cups.


FRUIT TOPPING



When it came to the fruit I used what was seasonal at the moment...Strawberries, Blueberries and Grapes just cut them into smaller pieces and place on top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment