Friday, June 3, 2011

My First Gluten Free Dinner

Today I decided that I'm going to make a drastic change in my life. I truly believe that if things aren't working they way they are now then change it. I've always had problems eating certain foods and eventually found that I had gallstones and had my galbladder removed. But I still can't eat certain foods without getting sick, it's just not as bad as it used to be. So I'm going to try cutting out gluten from my diet. I already cut out processed foods from Russell's diet, I just don't like the thought of all the chemicals going into my little boy. So why not do that for myself? I'm worth it right?

I'm hoping that the upset stomachs, depression and excess weight will all be cured with this new way of living. Fresh foods and watching labels.

First day I had a baked potatoe with brocoli and cheese from Wendys with sour cream (all gluten free). Snacked on some baked lays and rice chex. I did have Cherry Coke which is also gluten free THANK GOD lol

For dinner though I made Mike run to the store and get me some potatoes and flank steak. This is what the result was...I'm so satisfied with myself right now :) Only problem now at the end of the day is a major headache that is coming on...almost a migraine. Was reading that some people have withdrawal from the gluten and God knows I've been a gluten glutton (lol) my entire life so detoxing from it will be a challenge.

Being a Pampered Chef consultant the first thing I did was check all my pantry items. Most of the sauces contained Wheat but some did not contain Wheat but was processed in the same plant as other Wheat products so my understanding is that cross contamination is a possibility and some that are super sensitive can be effected.

Seems that the Asian seasonings and sauces are the ones that contain Wheat. But the great thing is on the website www.pamperedchef.biz/danielledavis the descriptions state if they contain soy or Wheat. :) I'll make a list up in a later post for everyone.

Covered the flank steak with McCormicks Steak Seasoning and grilled in my Grill Pan. Side dipping sauce is a Raspberry Habanero sauce.



Steam in bag green beans paired with a can of Cannelini beans, salt, pepper, butter, garlic infused canola oil and saute'd with Maple Honey Mustard sauce.


Roasted red skin potatoes in the oven on my large stone bar pan, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic infused canola oil and Parmesan Garlic Seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment